The Tropo 8 Inch D2 is our most versatile subwoofer and is affectionately called Kickass. It has 400 watts RMS and 800 watts MAX power that offers a significant performance advantage over the same size Bio Subwoofer. With a more potent motor, bigger voice coils, and optimized suspension, the Tropo series has become the SQ oriented driver within CT Sounds lineup and does so without sacrificing sub-bass output. It features a 4-layer copper Dual 2 Ohm voice coil. The cone is made of polypropylene composite paper, reinforced with 3% carbon fiber. The motor is a double-stacked Y30 ferrite magnet that offers tremendous motor force and weighs 91% more than the same size Bio Subwoofer. It is an excellent choice for all applications without breaking the bank. Your friends will be impressed and will be blown away with the performance at its price point.
What's in the box:
- 1 x Tropo 8" D2 Car Subwoofer (Dual 2 ohm)
- It is a dual 2Ω (ohm) resistive (voice coil) subwoofer
- The Tropo 8-Inch is a 400W (RMS) subwoofer with maximum 800W power
- Mounting depth of 117mm / 4.6”
- 2" (diameter) voice coil makes this product versatile irrespective of its size, dimensions, and power consumption
- It incorporates with Y30 graded ferrite magnet, which is one of the kings in the magnet world! The magnet is inside a durable and sturdy and robust casing that is attached to the sub basket.
- Sturdy and robust basket frame capable of handling high-powered audio-frequency production without any harm to the product!
- Sub-power: 400W (RMS) | 800W (MAX)
- Subwoofer size: 8"
- Subwoofer type/ impedance: Dual 2 ohm
- Voice coil (diameter): 2" (50.4mm)
- FS: 51.550Hz
- QTS: 0.612
- QES: 0.741
- QMS: 3.531
- VAS: 5.976 liters
- SPL: 82.3 dB (@1w/1m)
- Sealed: 0.30 ft3
- Ported: 0.35 ~ 0.70 ft3
Mounting / Installation Parameters:
- Cutout diameter: 183mm / 7.2"
- Overall diameter: 213mm / 8.4"
- Mounting depth: 120mm/ 4.7"
Great sounding sub. I went with the Tropo. Great customer service and I would definitely do business with them again
The Tropo 8’s are little beast! I had one in my single cab Ranger and it slammed! The sub was loud and clean awesome bass! No issues at all! Loved it! Great quality! Would recommend this Subwoofer to anyone!
these are my second pair of subs. I loved the first pair so much, I just had to get the same ones again. I have used 10 and 12 inch subs for many years before. These 8 inch subs just rock.
These subs get low.
Put them in The smugglers hatch of my 1974 El Camino they rock really hard and have massive vibration for a minimum space I would recommend these to anyone trying to fit subs in a tight area.