The Tropo 18 Inch D4 is our most versatile subwoofer and is affectionately called Kickass. It has 600 watts RMS and 1200 watts MAX power that offers a significant performance advantage over the same size Bio Subwoofer. With a more potent motor, bigger voice coils, and optimized suspension, the Tropo series has become the SQ oriented driver within CT Sounds lineup and does so without sacrificing sub-bass output. It features a 4-layer copper Dual 4 Ohm voice coil. The cone is made of polypropylene composite paper, reinforced with 3% carbon fiber. The motor is a double-stacked Y30 ferrite magnet that offers tremendous motor force and weighs 91% more than the same size Bio Subwoofer. It is an excellent choice for all applications without breaking the bank. Your friends will be impressed and will be blown away with the performance at its price point.
Whats in the box:
- 1 x Tropo 18" D4 Car Subwoofer (Dual 4 ohm)
- It is a dual 4Ω (ohm) resistive (voice coil) subwoofer
- This is a 600W (RMS) car audio subwoofer with 1200W max power
- 3" (diameter) voice coil makes this product versatile irrespective of its size, dimensions and power consumption
- It incorporates with Y30 graded ferrite magnet! The magnet is safely kept inside a firm and strong casing & is attached to the sub basket
- Strong and sturdy basket frame capable of handling high-powered audio-frequency production without any harm to the product!
- Sub power: 600W (RMS) | 1200W (MAX)
- Subwoofer size: 18"
- Subwoofer type/ impedance: Dual 4 ohm
- Voice coil (diameter): 3" (76.2mm)
- Fo: 25.782Hz
- QTS: 0.571
- QES: 0.649
- QMS: 4.15
- VAS: 197.420 liters
- SPL: 89.0 dB (@1w/1m)
- Xmax: 12.5mm (One way)
- Displacement: 0.15 ft3
- Sealed: 3.50 ft3
- Ported: 4.50 ~ 5.00 ft3
Mounting / Installation Parameters:
- Cutout diameter: 419mm / 16.5"
- Overall diameter: 460mm / 18.1"
- Mounting depth: 198mm / 7.8"
I bought one for my Caprice, liked it so much I bought another. Well built with great power handling. Couldn't be more happy.
I'm super impressed with the design, now I've built my box to specs for ported, my 2014 Ram Crew cab flexes everywhere powering with a taramps bass 1200 2ohm and it's so violent. Anything from 45htz and lower!!
I love the quality build of the speaker. Still breaking it in so haven't turned up lots lots but have had the vehicle shaking so far.
Arrived quickly I just got the box ready and installed so far so good thanks ct sounds
Hi Bart, Received your email and have to say this subwoofer is hand's down amazing for the price. Replaced a Dayton auidio classic in a 4.75 cub box powerd by young 500 plate amp wired in 2 ohm . Unbelievable for my home theater. Running three Klipsch reference series subs also and the sound blends perfect awesome. Might need another one just awesome!!!