The Strato 8 Inch D2 is CT Sounds all-around ground-pounding subwoofer. This 450 watts RMS and 900 watts MAX power feature-packed subwoofer delivers stellar sub-bass extension without distortion. It is even more powerful and has a bigger voice coil than the same size Tropo subwoofer. It has a double-stack Y35 ferrite magnet compared to the Y30 ferrite magnet of Tropo. The voice coil is improved as well, with 4-layers of CCA instead of copper, allowing faster heat dissipation and cooling. The cone on the Strato is also stiffer than the Tropo to allow for increased rigidity, and lower distortion at extremely high SPL levels. The Strato improved cone is a nylon composite paper reinforced with 4% carbon fiber. The Strato comes with a cast aluminum basket which is more durable than stamp steel basket. It is a client favorite, not only because of its out-of-this-world performance for the dollar paid but also for its wow factor. Your friends will be drooling with envy. It is called bad-to-the-bone for a reason.
Whats in the box:
- 1 x Strato 8" D2 Car Subwoofer (Dual 2 ohm)
- It is a dual 2Ω (ohm) resistive (voice coil) subwoofer
- This subwoofer takes 450W (RMS) power with 900W maximum power capacity
- Nice 2" (diameter) voice coil makes this product versatile & powerful irrespective of its size, dimensions and power consumption
- It incorporates Y35 graded double stacked ferrite magnet, which is one of the kings in the magnet world
- The sub has got strong, sturdy and stupendous arm styled basket frame. The sub is well capable of handling high-powered audio frequency without any harm to the product; even at highest rated inputs from the channel amplifier
- Sub power: 450W (RMS) | 900W (MAX)
- Subwoofer size: 8"
- Subwoofer type/ impedance: Dual 2 ohm
- Voice coil (diameter): 2" (50.8mm)
- FS: 48.04Hz
- QTS: 0.508
- QES: 0.570
- QMS: 4.420
- VAS: 7.05 liters
- SPL: 83.20 dB (@1w/1m)
- Xmax: ~12.5mm (Center to peak)
- Displacement: 0.12 ft3
- Magnet weight: 90 Oz
- Speaker connector: 12 Gauge
- Resonant frequency: 30.5Hz
- Sealed: 0.30 ft3
- Ported: 0.40 ~ 0.65 ft3
Mounting / Installation Parameters:
- Cutout diameter: 186mm / 7.3"
- Overall diameter: 219mm / 8.6"
- Mounting depth: 135mm / 5.3"