The Strato 15 Inch D1 is CT Sounds all-around ground-pounding subwoofer. This 800 watts RMS and 1600 watts MAX power feature-packed subwoofer delivers stellar sub-bass extension without distortion. It is even more powerful and has a bigger voice coil than the same size Tropo subwoofer. It has a double-stack Y35 ferrite magnet compared to the Y30 ferrite magnet of Tropo. The voice coil is improved as well, with 4-layers of CCA instead of copper, allowing faster heat dissipation and cooling. The cone on the Strato is also stiffer than the Tropo to allow for increased rigidity, and lower distortion at extremely high SPL levels. The Strato improved cone is a nylon composite paper reinforced with 4% carbon fiber. The Strato comes with a cast aluminum basket which is more durable than stamp steel basket. It is a client favorite, not only because of its out-of-this-world performance for the dollar paid but also for its wow factor. Your friends will be drooling with envy. It is called bad-to-the-bone for a reason.
Whats in the box:
- 1 x Strato 15" D1 Car Subwoofer (Dual 1 ohm)
- It is a dual 1Ω (ohm) resistive (voice coil) subwoofer
- This sub takes 800W (RMS) & can take up to 1600W power (MAX)
- Dual connectivity terminals with 3" (diameter) voice coil make this product versatile irrespective of its size, dimensions and power consumption
- It incorporates Y35 graded ferrite magnet, which is a super-boss quality magnet/motor that drives better power to the subwoofer cone
- Strong cagy arms works as the sub-basket frame that holds the sub cone pretty strong
- The sub is capable of handling high-powered audio frequency without any harm to the product even at highest power inputs from amplifiers
- Sub power: 800W (RMS) | 1600W (MAX)
- Subwoofer size: 15"
- Subwoofer type/ impedance: Dual 1 ohm
- Voice coil (diameter): 3" (76.2mm)
- FS: 31.40Hz
- QTS: 0.606
- QES: 0.679
- QMS: 5.593
- VAS: 74.74 liters
- SPL: 87.2 dB (@ 1w/1m)
- Xmax: 13mm
- Displacement: 0.265 ft3
- Magnet weight:195 Oz
- Speaker connector: 12 Gauge
- Resonant frequency: 30.5Hz
- Coil inductance: 2.10mH
- Sd: 844.963 cm2
- Sealed: 2.00 - 2.50 ft3
- Ported: 3.00 - 3.50 ft3
Mounting / Installation Parameters:
- Cutout diameter: 358mm / 14.1"
- Overall diameter: 424mm / 16.7"
- Mounting depth: 201mm / 7.9"
I ran a pair of these on around 1200 watts rms for the pair and they did great, sounded good and I feel they could have taken allot more power, great overall product.