The Tropo 18 Inch D2 is our most versatile subwoofer and is affectionately called Kickass. It has 600 watts RMS and 1200 watts MAX power that offers a significant performance advantage over the Bio Subwoofer. With a more potent motor, bigger voice coils, and optimized suspension, the Tropo series has become the SQ oriented driver within CT Sounds lineup and does so without sacrificing sub-bass output. It features a 4-layer copper Dual 2 Ohm voice coil. The cone is made of polypropylene composite paper, reinforced with 3% carbon fiber. The motor is a double-stacked Y30 ferrite magnet that offers tremendous motor force and weighs 91% more than the Bio Subwoofer. It is an excellent choice for all applications without breaking the bank. Your friends will be impressed and will be blown away with the performance at its price point.
What's in the box:
- 1 x Tropo 18" D2 Car Subwoofer (Dual 2 ohm)
- It is a dual 2Ω (ohm) resistive (voice coil) subwoofer
- This is a 600W (RMS) car audio subwoofer with 1200W max power
- 3" (diameter) voice coil makes this product versatile irrespective of its size, dimensions and power consumption
- It incorporates with Y35 graded ferrite magnet. The magnet is safely kept inside a firm and strong casing & is attached to the sub basket
- Strong and sturdy basket frame capable of handling high-powered audio-frequency production without any harm to the product!
- Sub power: 600W (RMS) | 1200W (MAX)
- Subwoofer size: 18"
- Subwoofer type/ impedance: Dual 2 ohm
- Voice coil (diameter): 3" (76.2mm)
- FS: 26.092Hz
- QTS: 0.511
- QES: 0.575
- QMS: 4.569
- VAS: 187.1 liters
- SPL: 89.5 dB (@1w/1m)
- Xmax: 12.5mm (One way)
- Displacement: 0.15 ft3
- Sealed: 3.50 ft3
- Ported: 4.50 ~ 5.00 ft3
Mounting / Installation Parameters:
- Cutout diameter: 419mm / 16.5"
- Overall diameter: 460mm / 18.1"
- Mounting depth: 198mm / 7.8"
I built a 4th order bandpass for this sub and the tropo is amazing. Truely an earthquake machine just ask my neighbors. This is one deal I wouldn't let go by.
I bought 4 of these for my boyfriend and he loves them
So I currently run 4 of these in my home theater. (I know I know , its not designed for that) BUT in the correct enclosure these things are stupid in my theater. Have to hot glue all my trinkets to the shelfs throughout the whole house. 10 stars for me.
I recieved the wrong item. Return was really easy though. Great customer service. Quick replys
This subwoofer is very impressive for the price, it plays a wide frequency range in a higher tuned box. I plan to build more systems in my other vehicles in the future using more of these tropo 18's. These are the perfect high output budget subs.